- Benefits (Health & Welfare and Retirement) – We troubleshoot benefits issues, administer Railroad Benefits requests, and 401(k) funding and reconciliation.
- Leave Management – We manage Family Medical Leave Act, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability administration in accordance with Federal and State guidelines.
- Time and Attendance – We maintain and audit vacation and personal leave records.
- Recruitment Support and New Hire Processing – We support the Talent Acquisition team by governing the recruitment life-cycle, which includes creating job postings, handling the candidate on-boarding process, and entering new hire data in SAP.
- Organization, Position and Employee Data Management – We oversee data quality and integrity through position and organizational maintenance, and update Human Capital transactions for employees such as transfers and promotions.
- Records Management – We store and maintain personnel and job files, and provide copies upon requests and manage internal compliance with Standards of Excellence and Certificate of Compliance – Ethical Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policies.
- Customer Support – We assist employees with employment related inquiries. Amtrak employees can find the contact information for the HCESC on the intranet.
The HCESC looks forward to cultivating an even stronger relationship with employees and management throughout 2014 and continue to identify ways to streamline Human Capital processes to make it easier to do business with us. By doing so, we will achieve our primary goal of customer satisfaction for Amtrak’s employees, which will ultimately lead to satisfied passengers.