By Uzma S. Burki, Director, Corporate Organizational Effectiveness & Leadership Development
- Providing a more structured, efficient, and consistent process allowing hiring managers to make better hiring decisions.
- Increasing the hiring manager’s interviewing skills and confidence through the use of a consistent and targeted hiring process, asking behavioral based questions, and using the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) concept to ensure that we obtain complete and objective job-relevant information.
- Increasing job acceptance rates.
- Improving employee morale by hiring the right person for the right job.
- Providing hiring managers with the security and ability to interview confidently, gathering data that accurately predicts future job performance.
- Creating and enhancing the overall candidate experience with the job process.
Although we will be hiring new employees with this program, this does not mean that current employees will be re-evaluated against the new program for positions that they currently hold. However, if they apply for a new position within Amtrak they can expect the hiring manager to use this new Targeted Selection process.
Targeted Selection training for hiring managers will begin in May. Managers will be selected based upon their projected hiring needs, and will be notified via additional correspondence.