Are you ready to join the Amtrak team?
Once you have searched for and identified jobs that best fit your qualifications and experience, take a minute to learn a little more about our hiring process, core competencies and interview process.
The Hiring Process:
In order to be considered for any type of position, you must fill out the online application. Resumes that are mailed, e-mailed or hand-delivered to Amtrak or an Amtrak employee will not be considered.
Once you have submitted an online application, our employment team will review it and notify you via e-mail if you have been selected to participate in the next step of the recruiting process. This may include taking the Amtrak Culture Fit and other pre-qualification assessments that may be required for the position to which you are applying.
Due to the high volume of applications received, you will only hear from an Amtrak representative if you are selected for an interview. Read more about the hiring process and view a short “how to apply” video here.
Your resume should reflect your work experience, and explain how your skills, education, and professional experiences relate to the Amtrak Core Competencies. If you are selected as a potential candidate for an Amtrak position, an Amtrak recruiter will contact you to schedule an interview (either in person or by phone). Amtrak’s core competencies are a collection of knowledge, skills, and abilities required to drive both individual and organizational success.
- Drive Safety and Security – controls exposure for self and others.
- Put Customers First – Builds loyalty through positive relationships within and outside the company.
- Maximize Business Results – Uses knowledge of the company, industry, market, and government stakeholders to increase Amtrak profitability.
- Deliver with Accountability – Accomplishes tasks with excellence and holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results.
- Collaborate for Results – Partners with others to reach shared goals.
- Lead and Develop People – Supports the Amtrak mission by positively influencing others to grow.
- Lead and Manage Change – Grows and adapts through continuous improvement and change.
- Embrace Diversity – Demonstrates respect for inclusion of others within and outside the company.
During your interview, you will be expected to communicate your skills, education, and work experiences and how they relate to the Amtrak Core Competencies.
Interviewing at Amtrak:
All of our hiring managers are trained on the interviewing system called Targeted Selection®. This training benefits internal candidates (current employees) AND external candidates (future employees). Targeted Selection is a comprehensive, proven, and accurate behavior-based interviewing system that will standardize and improve the way we conduct our hiring process. Read more about the benefits of the Targeted Selection interviewing system.
We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The future rides with us. Let’s enjoy the journey together! Search for your dream job at jobs.Amtrak.com today!